Combustion and Propulsion
High Speed Propulsion Systems
Supersonic Combustion and Detonations
Computational Methods for High Temperature and Reactive Gases
Ph.D., Seoul National University, Korea, 1997
1. Choi, J.Y., Yang, Y., Ma, F., "Combustion Oscillations in a Scramjet Engine Combustor with Transverse Fuel Injection", Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, Vol. 30, Dec. 2004, accepted for Publication.
2. Ma. F., Choi, J.Y., 쪄, Y. and Yang, Y., "Modeling of Multitube Pulse Detonation Engine Dynamics", Confined Detonations and Pulse Detonation Engines, Edited by G. Roy, S. Frolov, R. Santoro and S. Tsygonov, Torus Press Ltd., Moscow, pp.233-248
3. Ma, F., Choi, J.Y. and Yang, V., "Thrust Chamber Dynamics and Propulsive Performance of Single-Tube Pulse Detonation Engines", AIAA Paper 2004-0865, 42nd AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, Jan. 5-8, 2004, Reno, NV.
4. Kim, J.H., Huh, H.Yoon., Choi, J.Y. and Jeung, I.S., "Numerical study on Mixing Enhnacement by Shock Waves in a Model Scramjet Engine", AIAA Journal, Vol.41, No.6, 2003, pp.1074-1080.
5. Won, S.H., Jeong, E.J., Jeung, I.S. and Choi, J.Y., "Combusion Characteristics of Hypersonic SCRamjet Engine", J. of KSPE, Vol.8, No.1, pp.61-69, 2004
6. Moon, G.-W., Jeung, I.-S., Choi, J.-Y., and Yoon, Y., "Numerical Modeling and Simulation of ISL RAMAC 30 Experiment,"”Journal de Physique IV, Vol. 10, No. 11, pp. 143-154, 2000.
7. Choi, J.-Y., Lee, B.-J., Jeung, I.-S., and Yoon, Y., "Computational Investigation of High Pressure Combustion Mechanism in Scram Accelerator,"”Journal de Physique IV, Vol. 10, No. 11, pp. 131-142, 2000.
8. Choi, J.-Y., Jeung, I.-S., and Yoon, Y., "Computational Fluid Dynamics Algorithms for Unsteady Shock-Induced Combustion, Part 1: Validation," AIAA Journal, Vol. 38, No. 7, pp. 1179-1187, 2000.
9. Choi, J.-Y., Jeung, I.-S., and Yoon, Y., "Computational Fluid Dynamics Algorithms for Unsteady Shock-Induced Combustion, Part 2: Comparison," AIAA Journal, Vol. 38, No. 7, pp. 1188-1195, 2000.
10. Choi, J.-Y., Jeung, I.-S., and Yoon, Y., "Unsteady-State Simulation of Model Ram Accelerator in Expansion Tube," AIAA Journal, Vol. 37, No. 5, pp. 537-543, 1999.
Associate Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (1998-Present)
Research Associate, Institute of Advanced Machinery and Design, Seoul National University, Korea (1997-1998)
Professional Societies & Activities
Committee Member, AIAA, HCS
Member, AIAA, KSASS, CI, KSC, KSPE, KSCFE
Honors and Awards
AIAA Best Paper, the AIAA Air Breathing Propulsion Technical Committee (2004)
Bernard Lewis Fellowship, The Combustion Institute (1998)
The 3rd HumanTech Thesis Prize, Samsung Electronics Inc, Korea (1997)
Best Dissertation of the Year, Department of Aerospace, Seoul National University, Korea (1997)
Research Promotion Fund for Young Researchers, Korea Research Foundation, Korea (1994)
International Joint Research & Activities
Professor Sasoh of Tohoku University, Experiment and Numerical Simulation of Laser-driven In-Tube Accelerator (2000-Present)
Doctor Paull, Australian National University, Wind-Tunnel Experiment, Flight Test and CFD Study of Scramjet Engine (1999-Present)
Doctor Seiler of ISL (French-German Institute of Saint-Louis), Experiment and Numerical Study of Ram Accelerator at Superdetonative Mode (1998-Present)
Professor Kono of Tokyo University, Supersonic Combustion Experiment and Computational Simulation (1998-Present)